What is CR Visa?

If the basis for immigration is a marriage that was entered into less than two years prior to the date of the visa issuance and the petition that was filed is an I-130, the spouse of a U.S. citizen or the child of a U.S. citizen is classified as conditional immigrant at the time of visa issuance. The visa category for the spouse is CR1 while that of the child is CR2. For more information about CR1 visa, please click here.

The K (nonimmigrant) Visa

The K visa is a nonimmigrant visa. It does not automatically grant U.S. citizenship or lawful permanent resident (LPR) status to the beneficiaries. Those who qualify for K visas will be able to join their partners in the United States as a nonimmigrant, without the potentially long period of separation during the petition process. They will need to adjust their immigration status in the United States to become lawful permanent residents. K visas can be for spouses or fiancés of U.S. citizens.