How to bring Filipino Fiances or Spouse to the United States

Immigrant Visa Information


In general, a person who wishes to immigrate to the United States must have a petition approved by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) before applying for an immigrant visa. The petition is filed either by a relative or a potential employer at a USCIS office in the United States. Specific information about filing immigrant petitions is available on the USCIS website. An individual with an approved petition and a priority date that is current for processing is eligible to apply for an immigrant visa or K nonimmigrant visa.

The U.S. Embassy in Manila has a USCIS office that accepts and adjudicates U.S. immigration benefits filed by residents of: The Philippines, New Guinea, Micronesia, Marshall Islands, Palau, Kiribati, Tuvalu, Fiji, Vanuatu, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Samoa, Wallis, Futuna, New Caledonia, Pitcairn Island, Overseas French territories of French Polynesia, and most island nations in the Pacific region that are not covered by the other Field Offices in the Bangkok District. 

Filipino Requirements for Visa Applications going to the United States

A Practical Guide to Immigrate a Filipino Fiancé(e)s or Spouse to the United States

Every U.S. citizens have ways to bring their Filipino fiancé(e)s or spouses with their children to the United States to become lawful permanent residents. These options can lead under the IR, CR and K visa categories, each can have its own set of requirements and procedures.

U.S. Citizen can find a spouse and marry but it does not automatically grant U.S residency or citizenship. She or he must need to be petitioned by the American spouse and word for their visa to enter or migrate to the United States.

There are many option for Filipino spouse where he or she may enter the United States on the following condition K-3 nonimmigrant visa, CR1 immigrant visa or IR1 immigrant visa. These petitions are issued to qualified beneficiaries upon request of the American citizens. Filipino Individuals who are petitioned for by lawful permanent residents do not qualify for a K3, CR or IR visa.

  • The IR Visa
  • The CR Visa
  • The K (nonimmigrant) Visa
  • K-3/K-4 Visa
  • K visa fee payment
  • Scheduling an appointment for a K visa interview
  • K-1 Fiancé(e) Visa
  • Application Procedures for the K Visa
  • Frequently Asked Questions About the K-1 Fiancé(e) Visa