This structure was built in 1880’s by a patriarch Don Florentino Torres Pamintuan who live in 1868-1925. The patriarch is a successful owner who earned great fortune on his vast agricultural lands.
A prime location and residential and it was the biggest and most beautiful house in Angeles City.
According to some bloggers these are the details of what they discover.
One entered the mansion through a grand entresuelo, from where one climbed a massive stairway of solid Philippine hardwood. Upon reaching the landing, the opulence of the house becomes even more apparent: from its metal ceiling with distinct pukpok (repousse) floral designs to the ornamental arches, buttresses and calado (fretwork) transoms.
The mansion featured modern amenities; it had running water in the bathrooms and kitchen that was hand-pumped from a well and stored in a large water cistern atop another tower. Rooms were illuminated by liquid petrol lamps, lit by the male househelps nightly with the help of ladders. Later, chandeliers replaced these traditional lights with the coming of electricity to the town. The latest furniture pieces were ordered by the Don for the house. The baby’s room was furnished with wooden cribs and the walls lined with expensive ivory santos and other religious statuaries who kept watch over the children. Carved beds, dining tables and chairs filled the rooms, while the walls were adorned with family pictures kept in art nouveau frames.
Two separate spiral staircases led to a rooftop tower that doubled as a veranda, from where one could take in the fresh air and view the distant townscape. From there, once could descend down the backyard via a two-pronged staircase, leading one to the garden profuse with flowers and fruit-bearing trees. In the capacious garage were stored the carruajes (carriages) and the quilez, a square-shaped rig with seats on both sides, drawn by a horse.
During the Philippines Revolution Gen. Emilio Aguinaldo and other official uses this house for military use because of the spacious space and sturdy structure. This house was also used by the Americans during World War II during the invasion of the Japanese; Then following that war it was leased to a Chinese who make it into the Angeles Hotel.
This house was sold in 1959 to Pedro Tablante but it was not utilized by the owner. In 1964 it was leased to the government which now become the city hall.
The National Historic Institute and Angeles Historical Society led by its president, Mr. Josel Suarez, Daniel Dizon, Josie Dizon, Bette Nepomuceno, Marc Nepomuceno, Gil Lim, Rosalie Suarez, Racquel Villavicencio and other members who look for sponsor to preserve the place. The groups with the sponsors (Central Bank Governor Jaime Laya) acquire the property from Tablante-Tungol Family in 1981 with a provision for the buyer to preserve the house.
Now this house was preserve to give historical event happen in this city.