The city was named after the Thirteen Martyrs of Cavite, who were judged of rebellion and were executed by the Spaniards on September 12, 1896 during the Philippine Revolution.
Trece Martires was the one of the largest and remotest barrios in Cavite. It’s name was Quinta or Quintana, which served as part of the municipality of Tanza, Cavite. It was then organized into a city May 24, 1954, which was approved by President Ramon Magsaysay.
Population/ Language/ Area
Trece Martires City is located in the center of the Province of Cavite. Tanza town bound it in the north and west, Amadeo and Indang in the south, and General Trias in the east. It is about 48.3 km from Manila, which is an hour ride by a car.
As of 2010, the total population of the city is 104,559.
Trece Martires evolved from an economy that features agriculture as the major source of economy into an industrialized and commercialized.
One of the city’s major source of income comes from the real property taxes. The city is also noted for its cleanliness and the absence of any form of gambling.
With its small land area and its income, the city is fairly manageable in terms of public works, infrastructure and provision of basic services to the residents.