Burnham Park is considered to be one of the most famous parks in the country. It is located in Jose Abad Santos Drive, Baguio City 2600 Benguet Philippines. It covers a total land area of 32.84 hectares.
The park is named after Daniel Hudson Burnham, an American architect and urban planner. He was also the one who laid the plans and design for Baguio City. Most of the park’s features were originally from Daniel Burnham’s design but a few changes and alterations were made to enhance the park’s beauty.
The park is a favorite place for both locals and tourists. This place is often full-packed with people regardless if it is rainy or not. The most famous activity in the park is “biking”. There are lots of bicycles for rent at a very reasonable price. It is a perfect activity for children and adults.
12 Areas of Burnham Park:
– This part of the park is where the young ones and the young at heart can run around and play.
Man-made lake with rowboats for hire that folks refer to as the Burnham Lagoon
– This part of the park is where people can feel the cold weather of the city while enjoying a boat ride.
– This is located at the south part of the park where people can do skating. Currently, there is a small amusement park located inside the rink. There are different kinds of rides that the children, even the adults, will enjoy.
– A statue of Daniel Burnham can be found in this part of the park. Currently, fountains are found in this area.
– Here lies an orchid house that features different kinds of orchids and flowers.
– This garden is famous for the locals especially to those who love to play chess. A statue of the 5 main Igorot tribes (Ibalois, Bontocs, Kalingas, Ifugaos, and Kankanaeys) can be found in the area.
Melvin Jones Grandstand
– This portion of the park has been a host for major events, most notably the visit of Pope John Paul II. Presently, this is where the major events of the city takes place. The most famous Panagbenga Festival holds its display here.
– This is a sporting place located within the gorunds of the Burnham Park.
– This is where people can have picnics.
Japanese Peace Tower
– This tower is located inside the Pine Trees of the World Park. It is a joint project of the Lion’s Club and Japan.
Pine Trees of the World
– This is one of the most forgotten parks of Baguio City. The trees in this park are marked with their Latin names and general characteristics.
– This place is where flowers and plants that only grow in cold climate can be found.
Burnham Park is a “must-visit” place in Baguio City. There are lots of Hotels, Inns, and transient houses near the park making it very accessible.