REQUIREMENTS IN GETTING AN LTO STUDENT PERMIT:
- Duly accomplished Application for Driver’s License (ADL).
- Presentation of original and submission of one (1) photocopy of birth certificate and marriage contract (for married women) duly authenticated by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) or valid passport
- For applicants below 18 years of age, one (1) parent’s consent or a person having custody/care or supervision over the minor applicant authorizing the applicant to secure a student permit with presentation of one (1) original and submission of one (1) photocopy of any valid government issued ID of the parent/affiant with photo and signature
- Presentation of original and submission of one (1) photocopy of any issued ID with photo and signature of the applicant
- Presentation of copy of the medical certificate. (Electronically transmitted to LTO by the accredited medical clinic)
- For foreigners, presentation of the original and submission of one (1) photocopy of passport with entry date of at least one (1) month and visa duration of six (6) months from date of application, or if born in the Philippines, presentation of the original and submission of one (1) photocopy of birth certificate duly authenticated by Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA).
- Taxpayer’s Identification Number (TIN), if employed
- Acceptable Government issued IDs – Philippine passport, Social Security System (SSS) Card, UMID Card, PhilHealth ID, TIN Card, Postal ID, Voter’s ID, Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) ID, Senior Citizen ID, OFW ID, Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) ID, National Council of Disabled Affairs (NCDA) ID, Solo Parent ID,Voter’s Certification, Government Services and Insurance System (GSIS) e-Card, Seaman’s Book, Government Owned and/or Controlled Corporations (GOCC) ID, Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF) ID, Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Certification, Integrated Bar of the Philippines (IBP) ID
- In areas where there is no PSA branch, presentation of the original and submission of one (1) photocopy of birth certificate validated by the Office of the Local Civil Registry with attached Official Receipt
QUALIFICATIONS FOR AN LTO STUDENT PERMIT:
1.1. Must be a Filipino citizen, sixteen (16) years of age and above.
1.2. If Foreign citizen, at least eighteen (18) years old and must have been in the Philippines for at least one (1) month and proof of stay for at least six (6) months.
2. Must be physically and mentally fit
3. Must be able to read and write in Filipino or English
4. Must not have unsettled traffic violation
STEPS IN GETTING AN LTO STUDENT PERMIT
- Requests Application for Driver’s License (ADL) form and accomplishes the same.
- Submits accomplished ADL and all the requirements with the attached queue number
2.1. Reads the Driver’s Road Safety Pledge
- Waits queue number/name to be called for photo and signature capture
- Proceeds to the Cashier for payment of fees
- Receives Student Permit and Official Receipt
5.1. Fills out logsheet
OFFICE OR DIVISION
- District Office/Licensing Center authorized by the Regional Offices except NCR which shall be handled by the License Section, Central Office (For foreigner applicants)
- Licensing Centers, DLROs, District / Extension Offices, E-Patrol